More MS Resources
There are so many more MS Resources that we are finding everyday, we decided to add another page to accommodate them. If you'd like to see the first page of resources, click here, and for MS Links, click here.
NOTE: (The following links to other websites open a new window.)
More MS Resources 4 U
- MS Friends - according to the NMMS, this is "the first and only 24/7 telephone-based peer support program for people living with MS. The MSFriends program connects you with volunteers living with MS. The common bond of living with MS creates a unique connection. MSFriends volunteers complete a rigorous screening and training program and are focused on the needs of those who call for support."
- International Organization of MS Nurses - The IOMSN "is the first and only international organization focusing solely on the needs and goals of professional nurses, anywhere in the world, who care for people with multiple sclerosis. Mentoring, educating, networking, sharing - the IOMSN supports nurses in their continuing effort to offer hope."
- MS Focus - The Multiple Sclerosis Foundation provides a comprehensive approach to helping people with MS maintain their health and well-being. We offer programming and support to keep them self-sufficient and their homes safe, while our educational programs heighten public awareness and promote understanding about the disease."
- The Multiple Sclerosis Association of America - The Multiple Sclerosis Association of America (MSAA) is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to enriching the quality of life for everyone affected by multiple sclerosis. MSAA provides ongoing support and direct services to these individuals with MS and the people close to them. MSAA also serves to promote greater understanding of the needs and challenges of those who face physical obstacles.
- Real MS Voices,
Reinventing Life with MS. Go here to share an idea that will make life for you and others living with MS a little easier.
- Here is a Neuro Exam you can take online. You will need to download Quicktime to watch the videos if you don't have it already.
- Disability Alphabet Soup: Sorting Through the Maze of Legal Abbreviations - Lewis B. Insler, Esq. - (2010-10-28) http://www.disabled-world.com/definitions/alphabet-soup.php
Even more MS resources
(NOTE: All of these links will open in a new window).
- A Medical Guide to Multiple Sclerosis - World Med Assist- (Thanks to Ms. Morrison's High School English class of Green Mountain Central Schools for this helpful link!)
- Disability Claims:
"...we help individuals WIN Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Insurance (SSI) benefits. We handle all the paper work and so on, so you don'’t have to, our informative website provides a wealth of information and support in obtaining SSDI and SSI claims. We have been disability advocates for nearly 40 years and provide an easy and effective way to help individuals successfully obtain disability awards."
- The Multiple Sclerosis Resource Centre (MSRC) is a proactive and innovative charity, passionately committed to supporting anyone affected by Multiple Sclerosis through access to unbiased information and advice. Our approach is to encourage individuals to make choices that are appropriate to their daily lives, empowering them to maximise their potential.
Products and Services to make your life easier
- Your Special Needs Solutions
We specialize in special needs for daily living. Servicing people with disabilities, the elderly as well as the overweight and obese population. We Offer solutions to make their daily lives a little easier and more productive.
- Mobility Van Trader - A site where you can buy, sell, or trade Mobility Vans
As we find more links for resources we will add them here. If you know of a website that would be beneficial to MSers, use the form below.
Go from More MS Resources back to Resources.